Thursday, July 14, 2011

What do you know about the International Performing Arts Academy?

Hi guys, I am an aspiring actor so it is to no surprise I’m trying to get my foot through the door. I recently was contacted by the International Performing Arts Academy at Center Studios in Los Angeles after filling out an application a while ago. I was called for an audition, so I went did my thing and was interviewed by a man by the name of James Inghram. After the audition, I received a call back to appear again today. When I went back there was more talk about the studio and who worked there and all that stuff and what they thought of my audition. Towards the end of the interview came the thing I was expecting the money issues. The acting classes came out to the grand total of $5,995. In order to be enrolled I have to Pay $1,500 upfront, sign a contract that I have 10 days to cancel it ect. This has made me skeptical because of the fact I was not prepared 100% with what they asked and they still accepted me and everyone who auditioned with me got accepted from what I think. The classes are only ONCE a month for eight hours each. At the end of the training there’s this 4 day event in January full with agents, managers and casting directors. This event is where you are in an environment where you get to meet them. My concern comes from the fact that after all the research I have done they always say to never give money upfront because chances are they are scams. This one looks legitimate but after going through the process things didn’t add up. I looked for reviews online and got very little. So I’m wondering If this is indeed a legitimate business and worth my time and money because it is a substantial amount they are demanding. I would also like to know of anyone who has worked with this Academy and or has had an experience with them. Any links to similar questions online will be appreciated if they have answers. This will be a big help thanx

No comments:

Post a Comment